Cloud Platform Engineer
Welcome to the IQ-optimize Software AG
As a subsidiary of the 1&1 group, the IQ-optimize Software AG develops innovative software- and IT-services to optimize business processes.
- Planning, designing, installation and developing of the Linux server landscape based on Ubuntu as well as a high-performance cloud platform based on OpenStack operated on it.
- Administration and maintenance of the Linux based high-availability cloud as well as managing the performance, capacity and availability management of the Linux servers.
- Ensuring the operational business, using a trouble ticket system (trouble shooting, second/third level support). Automation and continuous optimization of all technical process flows.
- Adaption and creation of automation processes and automatic system configurations (scripting) as well as support of IT Security for the implementation a hardening/securing of the server systems and the services running on it.
- Collaboration in on-call duty.
- Successfully completed university education related to computer science or completed IT apprenticeship (e.g. Computer Science Expert - Subject Area: System Integration).
- A passion and enthusiasm for new technologies and topics related to: Linux, OpenStack and Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experiences in scripting and programming - particularly using Python, Ansible and Bash.
- Experiences in monitoring performances, as well as monitoring a complex virtualized Linux environment using products such as check_MK, Nagios, or Grafana/Prometheus, etc.
- Good knowledge of virtualization environments and containerization environments based on KVM (LibVirt) and Docker.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD tooling (e.g. Git, Jenkins).
- Experiences in the field of design, implementation and operation of high-availability and central storage solutions, such as CEPH, Compellent, DRBD and/or GlusterFS and its connection to OpenStack.
- Initiative and goal-oriented approach to work in our team.
- Interesting and varying responsibilities
- Personal development and training opportunities
- A future-proof and varied workplace
- A great working environment with warm and highly qualified colleagues
- Flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- Numerous benefits: flexible working hours, overtime regulations, company events, free soft drinks and fruits, etc.
With around 15 million customer contracts and 3,200 employees, 1&1 AG is one of the largest telecommunications providers in Germany.
The company offers its customers a comprehensive portfolio of broadband connections and mobile phone tariffs - supplemented by attractive value-added applications such as smart home solutions, IPTV, video-on-demand and online storage.
IQ-optimize Software AG is a provider of modern, innovative software technology and offers its customers reliable and customer-oriented IT services.
It has been developing customized applications and advanced software products since 2001.
If you would like to become part of the 1&1 family, we are looking forward to receiving your detailed application with your expectations of salary and possible starting date.
IQ-optimize Software AG